Re: debian installer on ppc/pegasos

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 04:29:23PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build debian-installer to boot on my pegasos box (ppc of
> chrp lineage). I created the cdrom.initrd image, and included it in my
> zImage.chrp kernel, which i try to boot.
>
> The OF loads the kernel, boots it, and loads the initrd, but then fails
> with a "can't find init, try a init= option" kind of message.
>
> I have tried the to use the init=/linuxrc parameter that Gaudenz
> Steinlin suggested in his July 4 response to Rolf Brudeseth, but to not
> much avail.
>
> Any hint on how to go on ?

Mmm, i think i managed to pass beyond the above problem, i had only a
initrd of max 4096 defined in the linux kernel build, which was causing
problems, since apparently the initrd needs 8192 of size.

Now, it is failing just after having mounted the root filesystem,
telling me about being unable to open an initial console.

(And BTW, does someone know how i can configure my serial log so that it
doesn't remove the CR from the LF ?)

Friendly,

Sven Luther