Re: man-db.2.3.20-18 corrupt deb file during base installation

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:01:46PM -0500, Brian Hackbarth wrote:
> I've been trying to get woody to install for the past couple of days,
> but to no avail.  My problem happens during the "Install base system"
> step.  All packages download successfully until I get to
> man-db.2.3.20-18.  No matter where I try from ( various mirrors, both
> primary and secondary, cd images of packages, etc ) I get a message
> saying man-db is corrupt.  This stops the install and I'm left back
> into the bootstrap at the "Install base system" option.  I've tried
> this with various forms of boot disks from 3.0r1 to bf2.4.  I had this
> exact same distro on my computer about a week ago until I decided to
> reinstall.  Thanks for your help.

(Brian, shout if you don't want private copies of list mail.)

I wonder if this is something to do with the fact that man-db recently
got a series of security updates? Is debootstrap perhaps getting md5sums
from stable's main Packages file, but downloading some of the packages
themselves from security.debian.org?

Just random late-night hypothesizing, feel free to ignore me ...