Status for reiser support in d-i (was: reiser support in debian-installer)

* Alastair McKinstry wrote:

> (1) a reiserfs kernel module, in its own udeb. Submit a patch to
> Herbert Xu to do this; its straightforward, as the module udebs are
> just repackaged from the current kernel ; examples in the package.

I mailed Herbert and asked him to do this.

> (2) A reiserfsprogs udeb, (built from the reiserfsprogs package, I
> presume) that provides /sbin/mkfs.reiserfs. (I know that the
> reiserfs version is actually called mkreiserfs, but the name is
> important) This shoulde then depend on (1).

Udebs are ready have been and uploaded by Ed Boraas. The dependency is
still missing, I have to add it once I know the kernel module udeb
name. As soon this is uploaded, d-i should be able to format with
ReiserFS.

Regards,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6