Re: broken executable flags in rootskel

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 08:08:33AM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> While I have not found anywhere in d-i where these files are
> executed rather than sourced, we ran into a bug during debcamp
> where they were not being executed without the executable bit set
> (it was / could not be traced down to find out why). This is why
> they were made executable.

mklibs try to use them as executables but fails. also they are always
sourced as they are not built to run standalone.

> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 22:37, Bastian Blank wrote:

please read rfc 1855, tofu is bad and may some people force to ignore
you as you seems not to be able to quote mail text.

bastian

--
The man on tops walks a lonely street; the "chain" of command is often a noose.