sarge - install problem

Hi there,

I have got an alreay described problem with installing the sarge
distribution. When choosing

   4. load installer modules

during installation and selecting a installation module I got

     Failed to retrieve installer module
     Retrieving the module libc-udeb failed for know
     reasons. Aborting. [press enter to continue]

This problem has been described before, but I could not found a
solution to it.

Is there a known workaround? Or do I need to install woody first
and uprade to sarge afterwards?

I use the images from
 ftp://ftp.uni-bremen.de/pub/mirrors/debian_cdimages/debian-unofficial/sarge/

Another posting said that

  /data/.2/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc-udeb_2.3.1-17_i386.udeb

is broken. I have checked the image at the main site

  ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sarge/sarge-i386-1.iso

which comes with the same version of libc-udeb. Is there a way
to get the new installer work in any way to install sarge from
the scratch?

Thanks for any hints in advance.

Regards, Uwe
--
  ,_,   For a personal reply please put "News-reply"
 (O,O)  in the subject-field of your mail.