Re: slimming down base for a embedded install

Am 09:45 2003-05-10 +0200 hat Rajkumar S geschrieben:

>hi,
>
>I am installing debian on a embedded machine with a 96 mb disk on
>module. The network install is working but there isn't enough space for
>  installation to complete. the /target gets filled up. Since this is
>for a firewall device we can trim down the size of base install. I am
>looking for docs about how to do it. Any help will be much appreciated!
>
>raj

Wired...

I have installed Debian WOODY on two CF-Disk (64 + 32 MB) where the
smaller one holds the /var where the dbootstrap download the files
in /var/cache/apt/archives with around 27 MBytes...

Never I have had problems with it.

How do you partition your 96 MB Disk ???

On embedded Systems I have only:

hda1    /       64 MB
hdb1    /var    32 MB

Please can you correct your RTC ???