Re: debian-installer tasks for debcamp

* Martin Sjögren

| Hello everbody. I'm sure you're just aching to know how to help the
| debian-installer project :-) so I thought I'd post a list of a few
| things that I know we need help with. We probably need a lot more help
| than I can think of right now, but feel free to reply to the mail and
| add more things.

[...]

| * We have a terrible lack of usb and pcmcia support. A lot of work
| is needed here. Can't tell you more about this, since I know
| basically nothing about it.
|
| * There's of course the [4]porting...

We'll have at least a few powerpcs around, and I think somebody was
bringing a MIPS motherboard as well.

| * The network configuration stuff is something of a mess, really. dhcp
| should be much smoother, and should really hostname configuration be in
| netcfg?

no, it should probably be in base-config, but if the dhcp client has
gotten any extra information, it should be passed on so that both the
rest of d-i and base-config can get at it.  dhcp is an incredibly
powerful protocol..

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-