No floppy drive - sarge

Hi,
I do not have a floppy disk drive (gasp!!!) and the sarge mini-cd install seems to have big problems with that. When I hit the step asking to detect cd/floppy it gives me an error message about not finding a good driver for my (non-existant)floppy drive. I tell it that no i dont want to find a driver for my floppy and get back to the main screen.

At this point it seems all well and good, ive got past the "floppy detection" phase. But when i go into almost any other step having to do with hardware(, like mounting my cd, detecting my network card, etc) i get a flashback where it again fails to find my floppy drive. And this often causes the entire other step to fail.

Finding this mythical floppy drive seems to get stuck on some queue of tasks that need to be done, and each time it fails it just gets stuck back on the queue.

Thanks,
Jason Ansel