Re: New IRC messages

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> writes:

> > > [Thu 03 Jul 07:23:21](aph!~adam@216.220.110.137) around?
> > > [Thu 03 Jul 07:25:37](aph!~adam@216.220.110.137) testing out loading 1.6c for bf2.4...
> > > [Thu 03 Jul 07:25:43](aph!~adam@216.220.110.137) if it works we should NMU it no?
>
> 1.6c is what?

Loadlin upstream fix to work for kernels > 1MB.  I tested it and I
confirmed loadlin will work with 1.6c but not with (current) 1.6a.

> BF is flawed a bit in the current CVS version. kernel-image-2.4.20 has
> modules conflicting with pcmcia-modules-2.4.20 and I am not willing to
> use this kernel version as-is because of the catastrophal IDE performance.
> I tried to build kernel-image-2.4.21 for LinuxTag CDs, but it failed to
> compile with gcc-2.95. And finaly, I do not have much spare time to fix
> it :(

Interesting. What modules conflict with the PCMCIA?  I just installed
using your 3.0.24 and the bf2.4 image on Thinkpad 560X using PCMCIA
for network install.

I might be getting "catastrophic" IDE performance but I'm not sure I
would recognize it -- the laptop is new to me.

I guess I should plan, for my personal computer, to build/use a 2.4.21
kernel which I have recompiled.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>