Re: Crosswalk Subscriptions

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Leslie Dyer wrote:

> that address.  If you did not subscribe, you may wish to look closer
> into who has access to that email address.  The subscription date and
> time was 7/1/2003 6:01:44 AM, if that will help.

Thank you, Leslie.  I think the most helpful information would be the IP
address where the original subscription request or the opt-in confirmation
came from, if you still have a record of that.

One problem here (I *think* this is correct) is that Debian's mailing
lists accept submissions from anyone, whether or not they are subscribed.
I'm guessing when someone submitted our list address to you and your
server sent the opt-in confirmation, our server dutifully passed it along
to the entire list, thus easily enabling anyone subscribed to debian-boot
to receive and reply to that confirmation.

A list admin should be reading this and hopefully will be able to come up
with a solution.

Thank you again for your help.

--
Larry Gilbert