Re: Woody can't find an Adaptec 3200S RAID Volume

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 04:58:49PM -0400, Dan DeVoe wrote:
> Right now it looks like my best bet is something close to that, although a
> ltitle easier: install to an IDE disk, build a custom kernel on that with
> the necessary drivers, then dd over the install from the IDE disk to the
> now existing array. Remove the IDE disk, and it should boot fine...right?

I presume that means you are making the IDE disk the boot device
in the BIOS for the duration of the dd operation... in which case,
yeah, been there, done that.

Although you may want to do the mkfs manually and then use
rsync to do the copy instead of dd. Much faster.