Re: L10n of the installation manual (was Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/doc/manual/en by toff)

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 06:31:02AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:04:37AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
[...]
> > Did you already decide how l10n will be done, or can it be discussed?

Err, maybe this sentence was rude, it was not intentional.

> > KDE documentation is based for years on DocBook XML, and they developed
> > tools to help its localization (IIRC shipped in the poxml package).
> > Maybe we should ask KDE doc writers for advice on this topic.
> >
> > Please note that I am relocating and won't be able to jump into this
> > discussion for a couple of weeks.
>
> Not at all! I'm just working en for the moment, plus I believe
> you are the world's expert on such stuff.

I am voicing loudly when l10n is not taken into account, which is very
different from being skilled ;o))

> Sounds like a great direction to go.

Thanks for taking care.  I will contact some KDE folks and see what we
can learn from their experiences.

Denis