Re: A Question of ADSL

#include <hallo.h>
* 潘 震皓 [Fri, May 16 2003, 06:24:15PM]:
> Beacuse when we are using mini-CD to install, we must connect to Internet.
> So I must set up my modem during the installing.
> I'm using ADSL(PPPOE) to the Internet, but I don't know how to use it in
> the installing.
> I found it can only use PPP(from modem at COM1, COM2, COM3 and COM4), and
> cannot use Realtek 8139 Ethernet.

You need a netinst-CD-Image with basedebs (the 30-40mb files), ideally
bootbf2.4.iso when you have a very new rl8139, or the big image where
you can run the bf2.4 kernel.

> How can I do?

You install as usual. You enter CD as the source in the base installer.
When done, you reboot, continue until you enter the root password. Then
you press Alt-F2, login as root, run pppoeconf, setup your link, press
Alt-F1 and choose http as package source, some steps later.

MfG,
Eduard.