Re: Website suggestion

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 04:03:37PM +0200, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> lör 2003-05-10 klockan 15.50 skrev Ander F:
> > x86." What you said may be true, but the manual does
> > not indicate that it's for Stable, Testing, Unstable,
> > or Swiss cheese, for that matter. Woody is 3.0---so I
> > assumed this manual was for a newer version---e.g.,
> > Sarge. (If not, what _is_ it for?)

It's for woody. The reason it's not for 'stable' is that 'stable' will
be sarge, once sarge is released. That's why there are code names.
There is no manual yet for sarge. Although it does follow the same
basic steps of partitioning, installing a kernel, and installing the
base system, that's about the extent of the similarity.

The sarge installer is in alpha, approaching beta stage.  Translation:
it doesn't work yet, not for new users. The manual will be started
fairly soon, as soon as the code gets settled enough to not be a
moving target. Your help would be welcome! But for now, to get a
working system, use woody. And thanks for searching the lists before
posting. I'd definitely send a post to debian-www if I were you,
pointing out the page where you were led astray.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People