Re: New stuff on building the cd images (bugreport for alpha and sparc)

Ok,

Following discussions about autobuilding d-i for non-x86, I've been
working on cross-building d-i on non-x86 archs on an x86 box.
(This simplifies issues such as syslinux requiring root, etc: I don't
have to use the buildds as originally planned; a DD could just build as
root on their home machine and upload the images).

I've refrained on commenting or commiting to CVS any changes until I've
verified it works, but now looks like a good time, and its nearly
complete.

This would build the bootable images from debian-installer/build and
then the debian-installer/debian stuff would build the "archive"
as seen at ftp.debian.org, for testing and review.

If we could pick a place to grab the boot images from, eg in gluck or
people.d.o, it would be interesting to try building the netinst images
for each arch.

Do you have access to a place on gluck, eg cdimage/testinst/netinst, I
could upload some of the boot images there.

- Alastair