Re: kernel-package udeb and autobuilder

Geert Stappers wrote:

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 12:39:40PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

I am trying to port d-i to powerpc. I have a few questions:

1) How are the kernel-image udebs generated.

I have to leave that to some one else.
I found out myself in the meantime. The are built from kernel-patch-2.4.19-powerpc (which build depends on kernel-source). Currently the udeb build uses the same config as the normal non-smp build.

Where can I find informations about the configuration of the kernel used on the installer image. It seems that in the powerpc kernel devfs is not mounted automatically

http://www.nl.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch-boot-floppy-techinfo.en.html#s-rescue-replace-kernel tells: | Be sure that the kernel you plan to use does NOT have CONFIG_DEVFS set.
| CONFIG_DEVFS is not compatible with the installer.
But I assume that is for the current _stable_ release.

Can somebody confirm, that d-i uses devfs where it is available?

2) As it seems udebs are autobuilt somewhere. How can I access the build logs of these builds. I tried the normal buildd logs, but theres nothing.

Mmm, I found at http://buildd.debian.org the netcfg.udeb log
( http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=netcfg&ver=0.23&arch=powerpc&stamp=1052332688&file=log&as=raw )

Thanks for that, I look for the build log of the kernel-image, but of course this does not exist, because it has been uploaded as binary package and does not need autobuilding.

- gaudenz