Re: boot floppies problem during installation

#include <hallo.h>
* Ralf Nolden [Wed, May 07 2003, 11:40:56PM]:

> > According to Ralf Noden, USB is compiled into the kernel.
>
> Well, I originally *assumed* that would be the problem - I just could see that
> the hanging process is rmmod - which brought me to the quick assumption that
> the module can't be removed (and is therefore compiled in). But I'm

I cannot reproduce this. And even if I could, file a bug against
modutils. Rmmod should exit immediately if the module is not loaded.

> apparently wrong - if you load the module with hotplug then you'll naturally
> also unload it again. So it seems the bug is in the kernel module.

Module? Which module?

> OTOH, I don't know where the exact difference in the code is between the
> 2.4.20-bf2.4 kernel and the kernel-image-2.4.20-1-i386 (your one Herbert from
> unstable; I backported it to woody). As kernel-image-2.4.20-1-i386 works
> perfectly well with hotplug, the question is rather what the difference in
> the USB setup is. The best idea is probably to build bf2.4 from the
> kernel-image-2.4.20-1-i386, no ?

Huch? That are different binary packages built from different source
packages but both using same source from the kernel-source packages.
The difference is in the config and a small patch, iirc.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Die schwierigste Turnübung ist, sich selbst auf den Arm zu nehmen.