Re: boot floppies problem during installation

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 10:51:40AM +0200, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> trying to customize an installation CD using the boot-floppies from
>
> http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf/
>
> which says to report problems here :-) I've got the following problem:
>
> Installation runs fine, rebooting, then installing a 2.4.20-1 kernel plus
> discover. At that time, the 2.4.20-bf2.4 kernel is running (the one from the
> installation). The reboot hangs because the system tries to rmmod USB modules
> which seem to be compiled into the kernel.
>
> Is there any workaround known ?
>
> OTOH, I tried creating customized bootfloppies. The build from the CVS sources
> though broke because it is looking for 2.2.20 kernel image + pcmcia modules
> (can't download the 2.2.20 pcmcia modules) - is there an easy way to generate
> the bf2.4 floppies ?

It would be easier to just replace the kernel on the bf24 rescue floppy
(see the installtion manual section on this), then use your existing
bf24 installer (only the kernel is different).

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People