kernel-package udeb and autobuilder

I am trying to port d-i to powerpc. I have a few questions:

1) How are the kernel-image udebs generated. Where can I find informations about the configuration of the kernel used on the installer image. It seems that in the powerpc kernel devfs is not mounted automatically and there is also no node for /dev/tty1 on the initrd.

2) As it seems udebs are autobuilt somewhere. How can I access the build logs of these builds. I tried the normal buildd logs, but theres nothing.

- gaudenz