Question about e2fsprogs-bf

Now that I'm the Debian e2fsprogs maintainer, I'm trying to clean up
some of the old bugs that have been lingering against e2fsprogs for a
while.  Bug #183453 is one of them, and has to do with adding a Lintian
override for e2fsprogs-bf since it doesn't have any man pages.

I note that Lintian apparently isn't complaining about this any more, so
I think this bug report has been overtaken by events.

However, also raised in the discussion surrounding this was the question
of whether or not e2fsprogs-bf is obsolete, given that the new installer
uses .udeb package files instead.  (I tried to look up the answer to
this one myself, but there is no FM to RT.)

Another question I have for the Debian-boot team, while I have your
attention, is about NLS support.  Should the boot floppies and udeb
packages include NLS support?  Should they include the message catalog
translations in /usr/share/locale?  I assume the answer to both
questions should be no, but I'd like to check to make sure.  Thanks!!

				     - Ted