Re: woody install on a Compaq Contura 410C and wrong memeory detection

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:04:20PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Sven Luther [Mon, May 05 2003, 02:30:46PM]:
>
> > Linux boots correctly and i get to choose the language. Then the debian
> > splash screen gets displayed and i am informed that there is not enough
> > ram, but i have 12Mo of memory installed, and it claims that this is not
> > the case.
>
> Err, what exactly does it tell you? You need about 14meg to be sure that
> it works correctly until the step with swap space creation. 12meg is
> risky and you have been warned. So what is the problem?

It does warn me that 8 Mb is too little and that about 12Mb is ok. But i
have 12 Mb. it is the message just after the initial debian page, and
before the installation menu.

> If you insist on installing Woody on this thing, consider switching to

Would installing potato be a better idea ? Or some self-made
distribution.

> the second console and run fdisk and mkswap from there, this _may_ work.

That i can assuredly try.

Thanks.

Friendly,

Sven Luther