INSTALL REPORT May 01 official testing netinst

Debian-installer-version: 01May03 from
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/
uname -a: Linux (none) 2.4.20-1-386 #3 Sat Mar 22 12:11:40 EST 2003 i586
unknown
Date: Fri May  2 16:39:17 CEST 2003
Method: How did you install?  Wanted to install base from CD or net
	What did you boot off?  CD
Machine: Generic noname Pentium
Processor: Pentium 133
Memory: 96MB
Root Device: /dev/hda1
Root Size/partition table:  Feel free to paste the full
partition
table, with notes on which partitions are mounted where.
Output of lspci:
(sorry, too lazy now, would have to copy to floppy, as
there is no OS on the machine right now).

Base System Installation Checklist:

	      Initial boot worked:    [O]
	      Configure network HW:   [E]
	      Config network:         [ ]
	      Detect CD:              [O]
	      Load installer modules: [O]
	      Detect hard drives:     [O]
	      Partition hard drives:  [O]
	      Create file systems:    [E]
	      Mount partitions:       [O]
	      Install base system:    [E]
	      Install boot loader:    [ ]
	      Reboot:                 [ ]
	      [O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] =
	      didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

The Image did not contain the 8390.o module required for
my ne2k-pci, therefore I could not get networking going. This did work
with Apr 26  images. I looked in /lib/modules, the 8390 is just not
there.

German keyboard still segfaults for me.

Base system install would fail:
installer[48]: Menu item 'base-installer' selected
cp: /target/etc/fstab: no such file or directory

target was mounded fine, etc did exist.

HTH
/ralph -- can't really say this is better for me. But
          thanks for  putting a tremendous amount of work into this
          installer.