Re: debian-installer status 2003-02-21

On 21 Feb 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> - - automated installs and testing.  If somebody could give automated
>   installations and how to get those working better a shot, it'd be
>   cool.  Getting the report tool (which should fill out the report
>   template available at http://raw.no/d-i/report-template.html)
>   written would make it easier for testers to give us good reports.
> - - fix the ext3 problem; mkfs.ext3 gives an error about «file not
>   found» (which is really that it can't find /etc/mtab).  mkswap
>   should also be added.

Is there a quick-start guide on how to integrate D-I with Woody and do
this? Automatically is the only way I want to install Debian.

I've become quite adept at installing Red Hat Linux using kickstart, and
I've written my own (crude) Debian installer, so I've had time to
develop thoughts on what ought to happen.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield