Re: SV: SV: loop: can't get info on device

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:20:49AM +0100, Åke Wivänge wrote:

> I used a SBM floppy to boot from the CD. The sbm floppy image came from
> the Debian CD.
>
> I tried to boot from a rescue floppy / root floppy (images from the
> Debian CD) and then installed from the CD - same result.
>
> I've also burned a new CD in case something went wrong - same result...

Well, in that case I'd say either the CD image is corrupt, or you
happened to trigger a rare bug in some way. Did you verify the CD's
md5sum?

Whichever it is, we'll need more information. How did you obtain the CD?
Jigdo, unofficial ISO? From where? Which version of boot-floppies (it
says this at the first screen you see when booting) do you use? What
other messages appear before the one about /dev/loop0?

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info