Re: SV: loop: can't get info on device

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:25:20AM +0100, Åke Wivänge wrote:

> > That device is normally on the root.bin filesystem. Maybe
> > it got deleted or hidden somehow? You should see many devices
> > in /dev, including loop0-7.
>
> It's already there, and "makedeving" it again has no effect.

I noticed that you can also get this message if the device node is
there, and loop support has been compiled in the kernel, but you happen
to call losetup /dev/loop0 without further arguments (and /dev/loop0
isn't already set up).

If that's the case, it would seem a script on the boot image you're
using is broken. How do you boot? Directly from CD or from floppy?
How did you obtain/create the floppies?

Cheers,

Emile.

--