Re: Promise FastTrak133 Raid again

>Try the new module from http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/
>and PLEASE report the result.

Short version: Did that and I still could not get it going.

Long Version:

Debian 3.0
Promise FastTrak133 onboard a MSI 845E Max2 BLR (MSI Type MS-6398E, Version 1.0)
Pentium 4 1,8 GHz and 512 MB RAM; Matrox Millenium G550

At first I was unable to preload the module during installation as the scsi_mod which I found on the debian distribution did not fit to the bf24 kernel image.

After trying various installation scenarios during which I installed the drives on the standard ide controllers, re-installed, compiled, loaded, failed etc. I finally ended up installing debian on a third disk. I compiled the kernel to the system and my needs, compiled scsi_mod and Fasttrak but always ended up with a number of unresolved symbols and no loaded Fasttrak module.

I was unable to fix these error messages and finally ran out of time.

I know this does not help you a lot because I don't have the error msgs attached.

Anyway, thank you for the advise.

One more thing, Debian 3.0 does not include the modules for the MSI onboard Intel 100 pro Networking Card (e100.o) nor for the Matrox G550. Both modules can, however, be downloaded at Intel or Matrox respectively, compile nicely and can be installed in a minute, providing one has internet access. For the networking module of that card to work I had to disable USB in the BIOS completely, otherwise there would not have been any free IRQ for the onboard NIC.

Wolfgang