Re: Building floppy images without having to mount the image

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [030212 12:43]:
> > Of course the whole idea might be rubbish, too, but I just liked the
> > idea of having an alternative to messing with my fstab or sudo'ing.
>
> I like the idea too.  Please continue working on getting this
> supported in the tools.  I guess the changes needed is to get mtools
> to use a different config file on request, and then syslinux to use
> mtools to copy ldlinux.sys into place.

Perhaps someone knows another tools. Syslinux' main advantage is
in my eyes that it exists and works. I think it was neighter made for
this usage (but for beeing able to create such disks from DOS, when
I didn't misread anything), nor optimal for the usage. (Do we really
need a FAT-Table on something that is write-once?)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)