Re: debian-installer - using devfs in the installed system

fre 2003-02-07 klockan 22.06 skrev Stephen R Marenka:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 01:30:04PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
>
> > me, particularly since I think we'd like debian-installer to work for at least
> > 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, if not well beyond.
>
> Some subarchs (m68k/mac and some sparc?) still don't have working 2.4
> kernels. Are we abandoning installation on these machines?

Since Bdale is talking about scrapping devfs, I don't see what your
problem is? :) Using devfs is the one thing that makes it tricky to use
2.2, isn't it?

Myself I don't know how many things we're using devfs for, but I know
for a fact that I'm using devfs in the floppy-retriever. How do I find
out if and how many floppy drives there are on a system when not using
devfs? With devfs it's easy, just look in /dev/floppy.

/Martin