RE: PreDepend error in upgrading to Woody from CDs

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Tillman [mailto:tillman@voicetrak.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:57 AM
To: Debian boot list
Subject: Re: PreDepend error in upgrading to Woody from CDs

   DT On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:08:42PM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:
   DT After having been away from my Debian Linux system for some time,
I just
   DT purchased the set of 7 CDs to upgrade my system to Woody
   DT
   DT
   DT
   DT I followed the Release Notes, upgrading using dselect, and ran
into a
   DT PreDepend error, which aborted the upgrade
   DT
   DT
   DT
   DT I've been spending some time reading the FAQs and the Package
Manual and
   DT while I understand the nature of the problem, I see (thus far) no
   DT indication of the dependency particulars nor suggestions of a
particular
   DT resolution
   DT
   DT
   DT
   DT I'd welcome any recommendations

   apt-get dist-upgrade may do a better job.

After having just tried that, DT replies:

   "E: Internal Error, Couldn't configure a pre-depend"

   The Release ("Chapter 3 - Upgrades from Previous Release") Notes in
3.5
   recommend against this approach. Elsewhere in the documentation, it
IS    recommended

   I ran it with typescript but there is no additional information there

   --
   David