Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/main-menu/debian/po by gleydson

mån 2002-12-16 klockan 01.03 skrev Denis Barbier:
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 09:52:52PM -0400, Gleydson Mazioli da Silva wrote:
> > Yes, I really uses woody on my home machine yet. I'd a unstable chroot, but is good to know that
> > issue about msgfmt :)
> >
> > Have any problem for compatibility issues with Woody if I cut off "fuzzy" from po header on D-I?
>
> If for some reason you call gettext("") in a program and this fuzzy flag
> is removed, then the PO message header is displayed, this is why I
> prefer keeping this fuzzy flag.  But it can't happen with debconf templates,
> so you can safely remove it here.
> OTOH PO files in gettext sources do not contain this fuzzy flag, so I do
> not know what is the recommended practice.

The point is that you *can* find out who translated something. :)

For example, if you run  LANG=sv_SE gettext coreutils "" you'll find out
that it was Göran Uddeborg who translated coreutils to Swedish.

For some reason, my translation of enscript isn't in the package. :(

/Martin