Re: Graphical installer

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:17:01AM -0700, Michael Cardenas scribbled:
[snip]
> > > write it.  I think having both Qt and gtkfb frontends might be
> > > duplication of work, but if you'd like to do that: go ahead.  If it
> > > works well, the Qt frontend might be the default.
> > I'd like to work on the gtkfb frontend once I'm familiar enough with the
> > debian-installer code (I'm in the process of getting acquainted with it
> > right now).
> >
> > marek
>
> Great! I'm currently working on making a cd with the gtk front end for
> testing purposes. I plan on making udebs for gtkfb and its
> dependencies, although I'm not sure why Tolleff wants this.
Speaking of udebs, is anyone packaging or planning to package gtkfb for the
normal distro? If not, I'd like to do that as well.

[snip]
> and am begninning to work on that. Although, I'm pretty busy at work,
> so I won't have tons of time in the next week.
Same here, but I plan to get acquainted with d-i before next week at least
:)

[snip]
> Any way you can help would be greatly appreciated, with the cd or
> with the frontend code itself.
I'd rather work with the frontend, since my bandwidth at home (I work from
home) is not enough (256Kb/s) for me to build CD images on regular basis and
building them on one of the remote machines I have the access to doesn't
make sense either, since I'd still have to dload the image. So, it's the
frontend for me.

best,

marek