Re: Graphical installer

Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 10:59:04AM -0400 wrote:
> Hi...I saw today that Debian is working on a new graphical installer,
> probably gtkfb based. How wedded are you to that? I'm a former Trolltech
> employee and one of the people who wrote Qt/Embedded; I might be interested
> in writing/helping to write a Qt/E-based installer, if there's sufficient
> interest in that.

Hi,

We aren't wedded to the toolkit at all, we'll be happy to have
multiple UIs and I personally think QT/E would look quite nice.
Everything in the UI goes through cdebconf (find it on cvs.debian.org
under debian-installer/tools/cdebconf).  That is where you want to
look to get started.

Thanks for the interest,

-David