Re: PS/2 mod.70/386 install: Failure at first RAMDISK message

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:57:01PM -0500, Gordon Smith wrote:
> Sorry to repeat my request, but... I still haven't been able to get anywhere despite RTM and using a variety of different boot commands and copies of installation media.  Can anyone refer me to someone who has successfully installed Debian on a PS/2 model 70/386?  If not, are there any other Linux variants I can try instead (bearing in mind that this machine has no CD/ROM drive and 6MB RAM)?

Uhm, I threw away my PS/2 70's, because they were too large, and I had
no working ESDI-disks in it, but my PS/2 55sx (also ESDI) installed just
fine with Potato. Try to do an install with the potato boot-disks, then
get the rest over net and do a dist-upgrade...

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /> David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander      <\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //