problem with woody installon adaptec scsi controller, any flavor

Hello

I'm trying to install woody on a dual PentiumIII with three disks
controlled by an adaptec aic7890 pci card

Problem is the install fails allmost immediately. I can choose the
flavor, and I tried all of them. all fail just after the kernel loads
the aic7xxx module. the box reboots hard, and I can't see any error
message (too fast)

I've tried the options that were given on F5 screen, with no result.

I'm pretty sure it's not hardware-related. caus eI checked it more than
once
FWIW, redhat has the same behaviour.
please help me

--