Re: [d-i] cdebconf frontends

[Jeff Williams]
> A few questions about debian-installer:
>
> 1) Is it currently possible to test frontends to cdebconf other than the
> text one? And if so, how?

No idea.  If you get the slang frontend working on a boot floppy,
please let me know how.

> 2) I saw an earlier message regarding the RTL-8139 ethernet being,
> detected as module rtl8139 when the module in the floppies is
> 8139too.  It does this on my system with the latest from cvs. Do we
> know why? Is there something I can do to help fix it?

This is because d-i uses discover for HW detection, and discover 1.5
is currently only adapted for linux 2.2, not linux 2.4.  This is
supposed to be solved in version 2 of discover.  Perhaps you can
package the new version and upload it into Debian?

Another solution is to build your own version of discover-data, and
use this package when building disk-detect and cdrom-detect.  Check
out APT source 'deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local'
for a version of discover-data adapted for kernel 2.4.

I'm working on patches to discover-data to create a udeb with the
entries currently included in disk- and cdrom-detect.  When this patch
is ready, you would not have to rebuild disk-detect and cdrom-detect.