Re: Testing d-i with uml?

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:55:18PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As mentioned, I'm working on accessibility support for d-i.
> As brltty will only fit on the cdrom target, I'll have
> to use cd install for testing.  NOw since I don't have
> excess hardware, and esp. no cd burner, I need to find
> a way to test things in UML.

I don't know anything about UML, that may be a better way. But I've
successfully used this strategy to test the CD-based pgi: I just
use mkisofs as if I was burning the CD, but use a disk partition
as the target. Then I boot that partition manually.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |