Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:28:51PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1
> =====================================
>
> An up-to-date version is at <http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r1/>.
>
> I am preparing the first revision of the current stable Debian
> distribution (woody) and will infrequently send reports so people can
> actually comment on it and intervene whenever this is required.

I'd really like to see boot-floppies 3.0.24 for m68k on this release. The
current version can not be installed by users with SCSI CD-Roms due to
missing device files. Of course they can be created by-hand, but thats a
major inconveniance, this seems to have become the new m68k FAQ.

My latest build at:
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/current/

has been tested by several users on Amigas and Macs, the problem is solved
and no major problem has come up so far. Can the stable boot-floppies
manager please upload 3.0.24?
If not, can we include 3.0.24 for m68k? Probably not...

Christian