Re: Drive Partitioning Issue

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 04:55:34PM -0700, David Fuchs wrote:

Could you use one of these workarounds:

>    As an addition to this, I've tried installing Debian after switching
> the harddisk to the non-RAID controller on my mobo, and it works fine.

> If I partition the drive on the regular IDE controller

>    I know Highpoint has open source drivers on their website, but
> that's the catch... I need a working Linux install in order to compile a
> new kernel with the driver (unless someone has an idea on how this can
> be accompished from a WinXP platform).

to install enough of a system to sompile a kernel?

Alternatively, cygwin does run admirably under my XP system at work.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |