Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/doc by porridge

Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:32:59PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
>> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

>> >    * only run cdebconf (and thus whole debian-installer) in bterm [1]
>> >   1. Is this possible on all architectures? I mean: do all architectures
>> >      use framebuffer?
>> >
>> > Well my dumb terminals don't and I hope d-i can still support installs
>> > onto headless systems using them, at least in English.
>>
>> Accessible installation will also most probably not like to be run in bterm.
>> brltty uses /dev/vcsa, and other screen readers behave in similar ways.
>
> How does one use brltty (it's braile terminal, right?)?
I think it's braille teletype if you ask me :)

> Similarily to xterm/bterm/etc?
no.

> And what is /dev/vcsa?

It's virtual console based.  You simply run your apllications on
the available virtual consoles, and brltty accesses the text and color
information of the currently selected VC
via /dev/vcsa (virtual console screen with attributes).

--
CYa,
  Mario