Re: i18n requires setlocale

[Martin Quinson]
> AFAIK, if you are using gettext, setting
>
> LANG=nb:nn:da:sv
>
> should do the trick since gettext implements fallbacks.

No, you are thinking about the LANGUAGE variable.  The LANG variable
can only contain one locale, while the LANGUAGE variable can be a
colon-separated list of language/locale codes.

> AFAIK, it's not implemented yet in debconf.

It is not too hard to implement.  I once did part of it for
boot-floppies.  But I believe it is better to rewrite debconf and
cdebconf to use gettext, and perhaps make a small version of gettext
to include on boot floppies.