Re: Woody Installation

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 01:22:12AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 04:41:34PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> I fixed this in man-db 2.3.20-20, after a fashion: the database won't
> get updated over time unless you have cron enabled, but this is
> difficult to avoid without making man a pain to use; at least you get a
> database built with the man pages from base packages.
>
> Do you think it's worth me making an upload to stable with just this
> change, to see if it'll be let into 3.0r1?

I think there's an expectation that a unix/linux system have working
apropos. But the alternative is to tell people to mandb in the
manual. I don't think it's worth the potential hassle, personally.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |