Re: Woody Installation

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 04:41:34PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> Axel Schlicht wrote:
> > man apt.conf
> > man apt-config
> > apropos apt -> apt : nothing appropriate (that's ridiculous)
>
> Again, this is part of the standard installation you skipped.

[...]

> > Only specific marked sections are handled by debconf...
> > Man Xwrapper     : no manual entry for debconf
> > Apropos Xwrapper : nothing appropriate
> > Well, yes
>
> Unfortunately, apropos doesn't work out of the box. You have
> to run mandb in order for it to build the apropos database,
> this is done the first time cron runs, but on a system like
> mine where cron never runs, well it just doesn't happen. Just
>
> mandb

I fixed this in man-db 2.3.20-20, after a fashion: the database won't
get updated over time unless you have cron enabled, but this is
difficult to avoid without making man a pain to use; at least you get a
database built with the man pages from base packages.

Do you think it's worth me making an upload to stable with just this
change, to see if it'll be let into 3.0r1?