Re: Devices conflict & modconf

#include <hallo.h>
Xavier de Labouret wrote on Wed Jun 26, 2002 um 09:07:45PM:

> Having asked for es1371 and usbaudio, modconf decided arbitrary to place
> usbaudio before es1371 in modules.conf.

You mean /etc/modules. But afaik modconf stores the lines in the order
of loading them in the first time.

> I think that modconf could be a little smarter, and order things
> differently by default (i.e. at least if no --load-before or --load-after
> directive is given): OSS and ALSA modules should be loaded before
> usbaudio.

To do so, we would have to catalogue all drivers and assign different
"quality levels" to them. Later, this information could be used to sort
entries. But, the gain of a such change is very low, and I (speaking for
me only) won't do such work.

> Retrospectively the term "bug" is too strong, i should have written "wish"
> or "wishlist bug". I apologize on this.

Sure. Feel free to file one, and there may be somebody who volunteers to
implement it.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies."