Re: i18n second stage...

Michael Bramer wrote:
> Woody sucks because the install system don't have translated texts after
> the reboot.
>
> Please make new fixed Boot-floppies!
>
> Eduard already send/make a fix. See mails from Sep 2001 and from the
> last months  on this list. (sorry, I don't find the mail with the fix in
> my mail archive. Eduard can you help?)

Sorry, this is just not going to happen for woody, r0 at least. I have
never gotten a well-tested patch to base-config that is obviously
correct. I did get a great deal of off-the-cuff, untested, large,
nonobvious, peicemeil, undocumented patches; not the kind of thing I
apply during a freeze. Petter Reinholdtsen was on the right track, I
think with bug #135565, but I don't think he ever got back to me with
test results.

And so it's too late now, once again. Since we have never had a fully
translated installation system, not having it for another release is not
a reason to stop the presses for woody, sorry.

The base-config tree is open for sarge, and I welcome patches.

--
see shy jo