Re: Cross-install howto

#include <hallo.h>
// :-)

Eduard Bloch wrote:

http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/

Does debootstrap not run the dbootstrap ncurses-bases config/install tool? That was probably my problem back then (not Red Hat) - I didn't know how to manually configure the network, hostnames, timezone etc. back then.

You might want to add the following hints to your doc:
/etc/hosts
tzconfig
modconf
(Did I forget anything that the installer does and you didn't mention?)

And tell people about GRUB. It makes live so much easier in these setups. (I will have to add it, too.)

Ben Bucksch