Re: Cross-install howto

Goswin Brederlow wrote:

mrvn@dual:~% apt-cache show debootstrap
I hope you knew this existed.

Yes, I found it at some point, but IIRC, it's not mentioned in the docs.
It works cleanly for Debian only, IIRC (back then, I had a Red Hat system).

You can download the linux.bat, the kernel and rescue disk onto a
fixed disk and then run that in DOS. No need for a _removable_ media, a fixed one will do.

Nod.

For real cross installing bochs is also nice.

Hope you mentioned that too.

Yes, thanks for the hints. I forgot about them in the meanwhile. I will mention them in the doc.

Ben