Re: Having CD in drive should not disable network install

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:14:14PM +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 11:35, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > I can file bugs if people think these things are worth fixing.
>
> No need. :-)  We already have two serious bugs open for this.  Everybody
> agrees that the current behaviour is wrong, it's just a case of fixing
> it.  See, for example, David's note yesterday about testing his patch
> for the problem.

I assume we are talking about the patch that looks for "Official" in
.disk/info here, rather than just looking for the file itself...

That patch wouldn't necessarily have helped me; I want the option of
doing a network install, even if I happen to have forgotten that there
was an official CD in the drive.  Neither did it address the "please
pick an item from this list of one items" sillyness.  Also adding a new
file such as .installable to the image wouldn't have helped me if it's
presence completely disables the net install option.  I like the idea of
a new "shall I install from the CD" question though - that would have
have alerted me to the fact that I had a CD in the drive as well.

Cheers,
  Richard