Re: bf2.4 dbootstrap white screen of death

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 06:34:54PM -0700, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:22:51PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>
> > > VT3 shows that dbootstrap is repeatedly starting and exiting.
> >
> > Could you try my CVS boot floppies from people.debian.org/~blade/bf2.4 ?
> > The problem you describe sound like the old newt-utf8 breakage, but I
> > cannot reproduce it.

Using the images from people.debian.org/~blade/bf2.4, I have gotten
past the white screen problem and I am now at the 'Install the Base
System' step. My network is configured and working (I can ping
http.us.debian.org by name from VT2). When I select a network install
and give it the OK, it immediately jumps back to the 'Choose the
Language' screen. I seem to be in an infinite install loop...

-- Mark