Re: m68k basedebs.tgz broken

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 08:49:12PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> it seems the current m68k basedebs.tgz (as found at)
> http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/debian/dists/testing/main/disks-m68k/base-images-current/
> is a plain tar archive, uncompressed. (Previously, it was gzip compressed,
> at least the copy I have from around April last year).

April last year? Did basedeb tarballs even exist then, or are you thinking
of a "base" tarball?

> The installer (from 3.0.18-2001-12-21) doesn't seem to cope (there's an
> error flashing on the main screen but no details logged on console #3).

I've no idea what dbootstrap expects here. debootstrap expects either
/path/to/foo.tar or /path/to/foo.tgz.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/