Re: 3.0.19 show-stoppers

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:06:17AM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:

> I object.  We should fix, rather than disable, it.  Could you
> please try the following code instead?

Sorry, I won't have access to the s390 systems until Monday so I
can't do this now. I have uploaded the NMU for i386 and s390 to
incoming - if you or anybody else objects, just remove the files
there.

debootstrap 0.1.15.x did not contain the initctl patch and worked
fine so I don't see why this should be enabled for the boot-floppies.
sysvinit in woody was fixed to not signal PID 1 if /dev/initctl does
not exist. debootstrap 0.1.16 definitely does not work on s390, so I
can either build s390 b-fs with my NMU or stay with 0.1.15.9. It
already took me several hours to find the problem so I'm not very
interested in spending even more time trying different variants of
this hack.

--
Stefan Gybas